Senior International Strategy Manager
- New York, NY
At Squarespace, our platform empowers millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories and create an impactful, design-forward, and easy-to-manage online presence. From our headquarters in NYC, we are actively working to grow our international reach and bring the future of online publishing to a worldwide audience.
We are in search of a Senior International Strategy Manager to influence and execute our global expansion strategy. In this role, you'll build Squarespace's 5+ year expansion roadmap, contribute to go-to-market strategy, and influence company level strategic priorities.
This role reports into our Director of International& Go-To-Market Marketing and is based in our New York City headquarters.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID -19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Own the development of Squarespace's international expansion strategy and go-to-market playbook
- Oversee high-impact, cross-functional, strategic projects including market evaluation, prioritization, and go-to-market strategy in close partnership with our Marketing& Product teams, ensuring successful and efficient rollouts
- Develop a roadmap of international expansion experiments in partnership with cross-functional teams, using customer insights, global market data, and strategic growth best practices
- Evaluate and communicate the progress of ongoing market expansion projects on a regular basis to key stakeholders, achieving cross-functional alignment around goals and objectives
- Provide in-depth analysis of key business drivers to measure progress towards international growth goals and develop recommendations for maximizing international performance
- 8+ years of experience supporting international expansion for digital businesses across strategy and operations
- Proven success launching products or services in new markets without an existing presence
- Deep understanding for different product needs across markets and how cultural perspectives influence go-to-market plans
- Collaborative approach, with experience influencing cross-functional teams in a complex organization to drive international growth
- Track record of building successful international product growth roadmaps, achieving product-market-fit and improving international usability for US based companies
- Ability to travel internationally on a consistent basis (20%)
- Experience living and working abroad in a non-English speaking country is a plus
- Experience with International pricing is a plus
- Language ability in other languages besides English is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top