Squarespace is seeking a versatile attorney to join our Legal function. Our small Legal group services the entire, fast-growing organization and this attorney will work with teams across the company on a range of legal and business issues and corporate transactions. The position is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Provide legal and business advice to all Squarespace teams, including product, engineering, marketing, creative, finance, strategy, and human resources
- Play a key role in corporate transactions and employee equity matters
- Support corporate governance and regulatory compliance
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements
- JD with excellent academic record and admission to at least one state bar
- 7+ years of combined in-house and law firm experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: corporate governance; regulatory compliance; capital markets
- Experience with domestic and international data privacy is a plus
- Superior judgment and ability to work well both independently and collaboratively to provide tailored advice for Squarespace’s business goals
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top