Senior Copywriter, Los Angeles
- Los Angeles, CA
Squarespace is equally defined by its products and the advertising campaigns that promote and explain them. From the Emmy award-winning John Malkovich work, to this year's Super Bowl ad featuring Winona Ryder, creating buzzy and beautifully designed communications is a top priority.
As we continue to build our in-house creative team, we're looking for senior advertising copywriters who are strategically and conceptually strong, fluent in their craft and able to work across a wide range of deliverables including TV, print, radio, out of home, social, digital, partnerships and events. This is an opportunity to join the founding team in Squarespace's new creative outpost. You will report to the Creative Director in our Los Angeles office.
- 8+ years of experience as an advertising copywriters at agencies, studios or in-house.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables, including TV/video.
- Impeccable writing craft.
- Ability to create compelling presentations and sell work to stakeholders.
- Broad awareness of trends in culture and technology.
- Experience running productions and partnering with directors, photographers, motion designers and illustrators.
- Interest in mentoring more junior creatives to help elevate their work.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base , but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top