Senior Compensation Manager
Launched in 2003, Squarespace has grown from a single-person operation to over 650 people, with offices in New York, Portland, and Dublin. It’s our mission to make Squarespace the company where people can do their life’s best work. We’re looking for a Compensation Manager to help ensure we always meet that goal.
The Compensation Manager will be responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing support of our compensation program globally. This role serves as a strategic partner to senior leadership, ensuring that all total rewards and recognition programs are aligned with our business objectives and company culture. Combining your strategic vision, deep expertise and analytical rigor, you will drive the innovative compensation strategies that attract, reward and retain exceptional talent as we continue to grow and scale.
This position reports to the VP of People and is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Design and implement a company-wide total rewards strategy, including broad-based and executive base salary, variable compensation and equity pay structures, aligned with Squarespace’s compensation philosophy
- Develop compensation policies and procedures to drive Squarespace’s talent acquisition and talent management strategies and align with our company culture
- Conduct regular gap-to-market assessments of compensation positioning relative to the competitive market. Stay up-to-date on industry/regional trends and advise the senior leadership team to ensure our compensation strategy stays competitive in an ever-changing talent market
- Lead ongoing administration of compensation programs, including merit, market and promotional adjustments as part of our our annual compensation review process, by ensuring adherence to budgetary guidelines and pay-for-performance compensation philosophy
- Provide compensation consultation to managers and the People Relations team on all compensation issues (i.e. promotions, internal mobility, market competitiveness, job matching/benchmarking studies, and industry trends/best practices)
- Partner with the People Technology team to implement and administer a compensation planning tool
- Partner with the Recruiting team to develop competitive new hire offer packages and compelling offer models for candidates to better understand their potential total rewards at Squarespace
- Coordinate with finance to implement a process and rhythm for regular equity dilution analysis and scenario modeling
- Create materials for the Compensation Committee, including CD&A drafting and proxy table preparation; Proxy Top 5 analysis
- 5-7+ years of progressive experience
- Deep knowledge of total rewards programs, including broad-based, equity and executive compensation program design, implementation, and administration
- Compensation experience in a public company or consulting practice strongly preferred
- Expertise in designing and rolling out compensation structures at a fast-growing company, ideally in the technology sector
- Excellent judgement and ability to exercise a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential, business-critical information
- Proven ability to influence audiences of varying sizes at increasing levels (from individual contributors to executives)
- Sharp eye for detail; meticulous in creating records and documentation
- Broad experience with HRIS and compensation tools; track record of using technology to improve processes
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations, both U.S. and international
- Hands on self-started with a passion to build new programs
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top