Senior Associate, Internal Communications
- New York, NY
Squarespace is looking for a motivated, strategic and creative Senior Associate of Internal Communications to inspire and inform employees with our key business and cultural narratives.
In this role you will help to build a world-class internal communications program and bring the newly created strategic roadmap to life. You will communicate about our vision, platform and products in ways that educate, inspire, engage and unite our growing workforce of over 1,000 employees in three global offices.
You will report to the Head of Internal Communications in our NYC headquarters and partner closely with the broader Communications team, senior leadership, our People team, and various other teams across functions and geographies.
- Support a new and evolving internal communications program
- Source, draft and deliver a variety of internal communications including email newsletters, intranet content, live company-wide events and more
- Review, edit and write clear and consistent employee-facing communications on behalf of various stakeholders
- Be a communications expert across multiple businesses, leaders, and geographies to develop content across channels, and promote company-wide roll-outs
- Design presentation materials for global all-hands meetings and other internal events
- Work with partners across the organization to create programs that strengthen employee engagement
- Determine measurement and effectiveness for internal communications strategies
- Advise on employee communications content strategy, leveraging Slack and other internal channels
- 6+ years of internal/employee communications (preferably in-house) experience required
- Experience creating compelling executive communications
- Exceptional storytelling, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience designing presentations, videos and creative collateral
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment and easily pivoting when necessary
- Understanding of how to create thoughtful and creative narratives and communication strategies to influence perception and behavior
- Demonstrated ability to generate new, fun and creative communications ideas
- Understanding and appreciation for finding ways to measure communication effectiveness, engagement and reach
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top