Squarespace Marketing Analytics is seeking a highly motivated Senior Marketing Insights Analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping Marketing strategy and uncovering opportunities for growth through analytics-driven recommendations and informed decision making. The scale and scope of our marketing activities (from award-winning ad campaigns to multi-product CRM efforts to international partnerships) means you will attack complex, interesting, and impactful questions.
In this role, you'll serve as a central resource with ownership of multiple project lanes and partner cross-functionally across the business to support marketing initiatives and growth goals across and within priority markets, report on performance, determine measurement approaches, generate actionable insights, and set analytical strategy for new challenges. Your work will dive deep into both business trends and customer behavior to better understand Squarespace customers' lifecycle across all our product offerings, identify drivers and surface opportunities to grow our business. Projects could range from deep diving into the subscription funnel for a priority market to uncover marketing and product optimization opportunities, to developing new proxy metrics to better understand prospect engagement, to identifying moments in customer journey for upsell opportunities.
You will also collaborate closely with our Data Science, Analytics Engineering, FP&A, and Product teams to identify cross-organizational opportunities and provide recommendations that directly impact our business across the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited to support a diverse set of strategic initiatives with the common goal of growing and engaging our user base, then this role is right for you.
This role reports into the Team Lead, Marketing Analytics and is based in our New York City headquarters.
You'll Get To...
- Define, own and track business performance metrics across our key markets in the US and internationally; monitor both past and current trends and investigate outlier performance to surface observations and insights with business stakeholders to understand the health of the business and drivers.
- Perform deep dive and exploratory analyses on large volumes of data; extract, package and present insights and recommendations to stakeholders to inform marketing decisions
- Own and expand existing dashboards and reporting, democratize data access that empowers teams to better understand and act on data and key metrics
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities through quantitative and qualitative data analysis and help support the teams in developing strategic solutions
Who We're Looking For
- 3+ years experience in a Marketing Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Science or relevant data-driven support role
- Mastery of SQL, experience working in databases (dimensional and relational), experience with Python a plus
- Experience with BI reporting tools, i.e. Looker, Tableau
- Strong communication and presentation skills to synthesize analytics output and recommendations into cohesive and digestible stories
- Comfortable tackling open-ended questions; has the ability to be a self-starter and propose ideas and solutions to meet an end goal
- Experience developing analytical frameworks and metrics to measure ongoing business performance and understand key performance drivers
- Ability to transform data into a digestible and presentable story tailored to a given audience; confidence and expertise in communicating effectively with a wide-range of audiences
- Knowledge of digital media metrics and strategies a plus
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is the all-in-one platform with everything to sell anything, providing customers in approximately 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to sell physical products, digital content, classes, appointments, reservations and more. Powered by best-in-class design for a consistent brand experience across all touchpoints, our suite of fully integrated products enables anyone to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California, and Chicago, Illinois.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.