Software Engineer - Security
Squarespace is looking for a self-driven engineer to come on board and own major portions of our security initiatives in both our production and corporate environments. You will work closely with teams across the organization to build programs and processes that secure the platform powering millions of websites. You’ll act as a subject matter expert on all things security across the engineering organization.
- Evangelizing security within Squarespace
- Identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
- Architecting, designing, implementing, supporting and evaluating security-focused tools and services
- Advising and consulting on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities
- Developing security policies and procedures
- Evaluating and recommending new and emerging security products and technologies
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming or scripting language (preference to Python or Java)
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP and BGP)
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, and IT)
- Experience protecting against and mitigating real world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top