Project Management Lead
Squarespace is seeking a Project Management Lead to focus on the quality and management of Squarespace’s design-centered, global creative work. You will oversee all brand projects that are asked of our brand design team - which range from internal projects to sponsorships to large-scale marketing campaigns. We’re looking for someone hungry to join a growing team that is looking for organization, process and leadership in this area. You should be creative problem-solver who can parlay strong interpersonal relationships into smooth workflows, and ultimately beautiful results. This role reports into the Creative Production Director and is based in New York.
- Own the project workflow process at Squarespace - embody, educate and enforce projects from kickoff to delivery
- Be a leader on the production team and manage, mentor, and guide other project managers
- Develop project management processes that enables the whole team to see timelines, resourcing and status at any time
- Independently project manage significant projects with executive stakeholders start to finish
- Own creative resourcing and be able to lead and optimize new processes for the team
- Maintain a deep understanding of every creative’s strengths and bandwidth, and delegate project work accordingly
- Proactively identify potential issues, develop solutions and prioritize action with the Production Director.
- Own asset organization and management on the team
- Initiate and lead all appropriate project meetings
- 8+ years in project management at a leading agency or creative team on the brand side
- Experience in managing a team and having direct reports
- Comfortable optimizing assets with marketing by looking at data and performance
- Ability to influence without authority; friendly yet persuasive to keep a large team on-schedule and on-quality
- Ability to make schedules on the fly and have creatives and stakeholders deliver on them
- Impressive organizational skills and an obsession for details
- Experience with concepting and timelines for varied mediums: print, video, digital, event, social, VR and broadcast
- Ability to earn the trust and respect of creatives in a complex, unstructured environment with changing timelines
- Ability to stay focused and figure out next steps with moving timelines
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top