Product Marketing Manager
Squarespace is seeking a strategic Product Marketing Manager to help establish our product as the leader in online publishing. You will develop the positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy for products that empower millions of individuals, creative professionals, and small businesses to build a sophisticated online presence. With an analytical approach and a deep understanding of the market, you will deftly connect our product capabilities to customer needs. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams on product launch and promotion strategy, communicating the value of Squarespace’s products to both internal and external audiences. Based in our NYC headquarters, this is an opportunity to join our Marketing team at an exciting stage of growth and innovation.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Define go-to-market strategies for new product features and streamline the announcement process
- Build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Iterate on Squarespace’s product value proposition and use cases in all customer-facing messaging
- Craft a consistent and compelling narrative across channels, maintaining strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plans
- Partner with Creative and Marketing to ensure proper product representation in brand campaigns
- Evangelize our products with the press, at events and through other channels to continue building awareness around Squarespace’s product offering
- Draw on qualitative and quantitative insights to understand product adoption, usage, and retention across customer segments
- Advise on competitive analyses and customer research efforts to understand key customer segments and define opportunities
- Partner with the Product team to help prioritize product development based on customer and market research
- 3-5 years experience in a product marketing or product management role
- Project management abilities to plan and execute complex cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and visual
- Ability to translate the complex into simple, clear and intuitive communication
- Analytical, creative, and strategic thinker willing to take calculated risks
- Customer focus, with a deep understanding of the value Squarespace provides for users
- Growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement
- SaaS marketing experience preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 600 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top