Product Manager, Templates
The Product team at Squarespace is seeking a thoughtful, innovative product manager to guide the development of Squarespace’s beautiful, engaging website templates. Squarespace’s templates are the starting point for millions of people creating their online presence, and you will be an integral part of this team, guiding their roadmap and development.
In this role, you’ll answer questions like:
- Who should we be targeting with new templates?
- How can we guide customers to the optimal template for their needs?
- How can we manage an ever-growing library of template options for our customers?
- What template elements will best showcase a new feature in the Squarespace platform?
- How can we balance between supporting developers who need sophisticated customization and non-technical users who want simple, beautiful templates?
The ideal candidate is highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant, and insightful; he or she possesses a strong product design sense and the motivation to continually iterate to build best-in-class products.
- Oversee the lifecycle of development for Squarespace’s template library, from ideation through design, implementation, launch, and ongoing monitoring.
- Define a roadmap for the template ecosystem for both short- and long-term development
- Work closely with platform engineering to ensure that Squarespace’s platform has the features needed to drive the next generation of beautiful templates
- Partner with the design and marketing teams to create the most compelling templates and drive users to them
- Partner with strategy and operations to monitor engagement and evaluate product success
- 5+ years of experience in product management, ideally in online applications or web production
- Strong project management skills, including a fine attention to detail, and managing multiple workstreams in parallel
- Keen product intuition and a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Strong drive to simplify
- Experience tracking product performance and success, identifying opportunities for improvement from analytics and data
- Technical depth and understanding (engineering/CS background a plus), with a strong focus towards user experience
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to build strong relationships across different teams
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top