Product Manager, Platform
The product team at Squarespace is seeking strategic product minds to join us in developing next-generation publishing tools. We believe that by making the creation of a beautiful home on the web accessible to all, there will be equal opportunity for the best ideas to rise to the top based on their merit. We are developing a suite of tools in pursuit of this mission that allow people to own their brand and control their message. This is an opportunity to have tremendous impact on the future of millions of people and businesses by providing them with tools to tell their stories and help them grow.
We are focused on questions such as:
- How can we make setting up a website a seamless and undaunting experience?
- How can we help our customers reach more people with their messages?
- What will the online presence of tomorrow be?
- What tools can we provide our customers to aid them in building strong brands?
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of content management and publishing. He or she is highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant and insightful, deeply attentive to details, and motivated to continually iterate to build best-in-class products.
- Drive product development—from conception to launch—of website publishing products across all platforms (desktop, mobile, etc.)
- Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long term product and business goals
- Develop a deep understanding of customers by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing
- Partner with experienced engineers and designers to create extraordinary products
- Partner with marketing and acquisition to launch new products
- Partner with customer operations to develop world class support for merchants
- Partner with business strategy to monitor engagement and evaluate product success
- Work collaboratively with other product managers to ensure consistency and compatibility across all Squarespace products
- 4+ years of experience in product management, ideally in technology or related field
- Keen product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Technical depth and background in SaaS and/or high-performance Internet infrastructure
- Strong balance of both analytical and creative thinking
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Squarespace products and data
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to build strong relationships across distinct stakeholders
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top