Software Engineer - Commerce
The Commerce team at Squarespace is looking for software engineers to develop next-generation shopping experiences and the simplest way to sell anything on the web. Commerce Engineers at Squarespace are dedicated to creating the most seamless, integrated product possible. We firmly believe that design is not merely “how it looks” but “how it works.” With this in mind, Squarespace is seeking passionate, entrepreneurial engineers comfortable with a multidisciplinary approach to shipping new products. Engineers on the Commerce team take ownership of entire product initiatives and carry them from concept to production release. The ideal candidate is highly self-directed, with strong product design sense and the motivation to continually iterate to find the best possible solution. This position reports to the Commerce Engineering Lead and is a full time role at our New York City headquarters.
- Ensure the reliability of systems critical to the businesses powered by Squarespace
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Work on new projects in transactions, shipping optimization, fraud detection, packing algorithms, merchandising, automated fulfillment, digital goods, analytics, CRM, and other advanced merchant tools in e-commerce
- Regularly ship code that impacts tens of thousands of businesses and their customers
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and marketers to ship extraordinary product
- Keen product sensibilities, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and reliable code
- Strong understanding of database schema design
- Experience building highly interactive web applications is a big plus
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Back to top