Software Engineer - Application
The Product Engineering team at Squarespace is dedicated to creating the most seamless, integrated product possible. We firmly believe that design is not merely “how it looks” but “how it works.” With this in mind, Squarespace is seeking passionate, entrepreneurial engineers comfortable with a multidisciplinary approach to shipping new products. Product Engineers take ownership of entire features or product initiatives and carry them from concept to production release. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a strong interest in product development as well as a deep technical understanding. This position reports to the Application Engineering Lead in our New York City headquarters.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and marketers to ship extraordinary product
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- 3+ years of experience working on complex, high-traffic systems
- Good taste
- Keen product sensibilities, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Experience building highly interactive web applications, working up and down the stack
- Strong understanding of database schema design
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Ability to work full time in New York City
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Thomas builds the Squarespace product and its new features, enabling users to have the software and tools they need to create beautiful websites they love.
Back to top