The Product team at Squarespace is looking for a Product Director to join us in developing our next-generation billing and revenue systems platform. This platform sits at the core of Squarespace's growth, and there are near infinite possibilities to help shape a system that enables Squarespace to expand its revenue-generating capabilities.
The team's mission is to be the order-to-cash platform that supports growth - organically, internationally, and through acquisitions. We're creating a flexible platform that unlocks new revenue models, deeper functionality to support international growth, improved financial reporting, and broader marketing opportunities. These teams are growing to create immediate impact for our customers and business, while future-proofing the platform to fuel sustainable growth that aligns with the long-term product vision.
You'll lead Product Managers whose teams solve complex, technical, and interdependent problems that directly affect users' businesses and create a scalable, reliable, and compliant monetization platform. You excel as a strategic platform leader who provides value to many other teams across the business.
You will have the option of working remotely within the U.S. or on-site (hybrid) at our NYC headquarters.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID‑19.
You'll Get To...
- Establish a shared vision and long-term strategy for your teams.
- Lead a team of senior product managers in driving customer value through platform-oriented metrics.
- Partner with Engineering, Technical Program Managers, and Design leads to ensure teams are making reasonable progress against goals, and step in to help resolve blockers or challenges.
- Establish relationships with partners in product, marketing, and finance leadership to ensure we have the appropriate process, insights, and agreements in place.
- Evaluate build vs buy decisions for components of revenue systems as we augment the system capabilities and potential vendor partnerships in Payments, Fraud, Invoicing.
- Develop processes to ensure we have a reliable, compliant, and scalable monetization platform that meets our needs and delights our customers.
- Help shape processes and standards for product management at Squarespace, specifically in the platform organization
Who We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience in product management, specifically with platform teams at scale
- Experience in billing/revenue systems a plus, including commercial/financial literacy
- 2+ years of experience leading diverse teams of product managers in collaborative environments
- Empathy for product teams that you serve
- Deep technical knowledge
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Health Savings Account with Squarespace funding
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Supplemental Insurance plans
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote Stipend
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $204,000 - $345,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, qualifications and experience, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.