As a Designer on the Design Systems team, you will contribute to the creation and evolution of our robust design system. You'll design foundational patterns, UI components, documentation, tools, and processes that enable product designers and engineers at Tock to create consistent, accessible, and high quality user experiences across both our guest experience and customer dashboard.
More about the team: Our Design Systems team is a small team of two, which means you'll join with plenty of opportunity to help shape and grow the team, our processes, and the design system itself.
The Design Systems Designer position can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
All Squarespace and Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll Get To...
- Plan and execute design system priorities with your design teammates
- Design and collaborate on the creation of new components
- Document and communicate how components function and encourage the adoption of those components and the entire design system to our product team
- Create processes and tools inside Figma that make designing with our design system enjoyable and effortless
- Learn how existing components are being used by us and our users and how they can be improved
- Participate in user research and testing to further understand what our customers and users want and how our design system can help
- Partner with your design teammates on their projects, pushing them to create beautiful UIs that take full advantage of our design system
- Provide candid, constructive design feedback to your teammates and their projects
- Stay up-to-date with current design trends and technologies to constantly propose or question how our team, tools, and product can evolve
- Support new design teammates with design system onboarding and training
- At least 2 years of experience working with and contributing to design systems and a portfolio to demonstrate
- You're comfortable prototyping in Figma and/or code
- You have strong verbal and writing communication skills
- You have knowledge of web accessibility standards
Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
Flexible vacation& paid time off
Equity plan for all employees
401k with employer match
Paid parental leave
Fertility and adoption benefits
Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Employee Assistance Program
Charitable donation match
Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food& Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com .
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.