Manager, Media & Acquisition
Squarespace is seeking a creative, experienced manager to help grow our presence in a variety of marketing channels. If you’re working for a media agency but want the chance to be more directly connected to the results of your work, or if you’re working in-house and want to join an innovative team pioneering new methods for marketing, this is the role for you.
Our Media & Acquisition team sets itself apart by being both rigorous and experimental, and we’re looking for team members who can maintain that balance. We advertise across a wide variety of channels—from programmatic display and paid search to out of home, online radio, podcasts, and more—and would expect a manager to lead our efforts in several of them. The ideal candidate is well-rounded, with experience across a wide range of traditional and emerging channels. They hold themselves accountable, tracking every placement and its performance to maintain feedback on where to invest more and where to invest less. And they are deeply curious, constantly exploring new opportunities and asking questions about how their work connects to the larger business. This position is based in our headquarters in New York.
- Evaluate and lead media plans across multiple channels
- Source new opportunities, from the traditional to the highly experimental
- Manage relationships and negotiate contracts with current and future vendors and publishers (video, digital, podcast, and more)
- Report regularly on performance and make recommendations for changes in strategy and tactics
- Collaborate closely with our analytics, creative, and finance teams
- 4-6 years of marketing experience on the client or agency side, ideally as a media planner or buyer
- Broad experience across a variety of media channels; we will expect deep experience in at least two of the following: direct video, podcast, programmatic display, programmatic video, online radio, out of home, paid content, paid search, print, and television
- Comfort using the common tools of the trade: Atlas, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Ad Manager, etc.
- Structured thinking and communication of plans and performance
- Deep understanding of performance tracking and ROI analysis; you should be very comfortable working in Excel
- Comfort with experimentation and ambiguity
In your cover letter, tell us about a recent marketing campaign you liked.
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top