Manager, Data Science
As part of the Strategy team, Data Scientists are tasked with formulating the analytical frameworks and providing the technical rigor to drive pivotal business decisions. As a Data Science Manager, you’ll work closely different parts of the organization to identify the fundamental questions we need to ask and will work with a team of data scientists to provide solutions that will guide the growth of the company.
You will oversee a team focused on using data to improve our website, domain, email campaign and online commerce products, helping to empower millions of people to establish a presence online and hundreds of thousands of small businesses around the world to sell their products and services.
This role reports into our Director, Analytics and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Empower data-driven decision-making across the org by defining analytical frameworks to guide key business decisions
- Manage team leads to define project scope, objectives, and milestones.
- Actively contribute to hiring processes and go to great lengths to sources exceptional candidates.
- Surface insights from terabytes of proprietary user, product, and marketing data; communicate compelling recommendations to key stakeholders
- Share your expertise with the team - lead knowledge sharing sessions, Extensively review code, analysis, and models, design learning curriculums
- Architect solutions that enable scalable efficiency gains for the entire team
- Continuously get better - seek out opportunities to further develop your analytical, engineering, statistical, leadership, etc. toolkit
- Collaborate with Data Engineers to design the systems and infrastructure to power our data needs
- Work hand in hand with product teams to help drive product strategy
- 7+ years of relevant analytical experience working with data, including some team lead and management experience
- Comfort working independently on loosely defined, open-ended problems
- Solid technical skills, ideally informed by many years working with SQL and Python, but other backgrounds are valued as well
- Deep understanding statistical modeling/forecasting techniques and/or machine learning experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication
- Strong data intuition and ability to apply statistical concepts quickly and accurately
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 700 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top