Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Billions of events. Millions of websites. One platform.
Squarespace has access to incredibly rich data sources of both content creation and user behavior. We’re looking for creative people with analytical minds and machine learning expertise to transform these datasets into a better experience for our users. The team builds solutions applying conventional and deep learning on a modern technology stack using Python 3, Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit-Learn, Kubernetes, Docker, Hadoop, and Spark. This role reports to the Team Lead in New York.
- Design and implement machine learning solutions for Squarespace involving recommendation systems, representation learning, natural language processing, and computer vision.
- Work on innovating, expanding, and growing our machine learning platforms and services to large datasets and new applications for Squarespace’s products.
- Collaborate and communicate with various teams across the organization both technical and non-technical to help evangelize machine learning.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, evaluation, and automation of tasks to maintain a high standard of quality.
- Translate complex product and user problems/needs into elegant software solutions.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science with a focus in Machine Learning or related field preferred
- Research or advanced experience with natural language processing, computer vision, recommendation systems and/or user behavior
- Experience implementing machine learning systems in production at scale in Python or similar (not just R or Matlab)
- A great communicator able to both recognize and implement machine learning applications with a high business value
- Experience with a large scale data processing tools such as Apache Spark or Hadoop
- Passionate about data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Creative with new challenges and prototyping
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top