Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Billions of events. Millions of websites. One platform.
Squarespace has access to incredibly rich data sources of both content creation and user behavior. We’re looking for creative people with analytical minds and machine learning experience to transform these datasets into a better experience for our users. This role reports to the Team Lead in New York.
- Design and implement machine learning solutions for recommendation and classification with a focus on NLP
- Work on expanding and growing our machine learning platforms to large datasets and new problems
- Collaborate and communicate with various teams across the organization both technical and non-technical to help evangelize correct implementations of machine learning
- Commitment to continuous improvement, evaluation and automation of tasks to maintain a high standard of quality
- Translate complex business problems/needs into elegant software solutions
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science with a focus in Machine Learning or related field preferred
- Experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Python or similar (not just R or Matlab)
- A great communicator able to both recognize and implement data science applications with a high business value
- Experience with a large scale data processing tools such as Apache Spark
- Research or advanced experience with NLP and/or user behavior
- Passionate about data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Creative with new challenges and prototyping
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Thomas builds the Squarespace product and its new features, enabling users to have the software and tools they need to create beautiful websites they love.
Back to top