IT Security Engineer
Squarespace is looking for a self-driven security operations engineer to own major initiatives aimed at improving security for our corporate and production infrastructure. You'll work closely with our Director of Security and security engineering team on high impact coding projects, and deepen your knowledge of application and network security, cryptography and emerging information security issues.
- Creating threat models to evaluate our corporate security posture
- Owning important IT security initiatives: e.g. improvements to authentication and authorization systems, fleet management tools, firewalls
- Manage external security vendors to evaluate and recommend tools
- Triage and prioritize incoming threat information from a variety of sources
- Build systems to help improve security workflows
- Create and enforce security policies to help ensure Squarespace stays safe: BYOD policies, managing access control lists for various services
- Work to ensure we are compliant with all applicable security-related regulations
- 1-2 years experience in Security Operations and IT
- Basic knowledge of modern network architecture and security practices: VLANs, switches, firewalls.
- Basic working knowledge of networking and security protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, BGP, 802.1x, LDAP
- Experience setting up security hardware and software systems: firewalls, IPS/IDSs, SIMs, etc
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that will involve a mix of project management, engineering, IT work, and handling issues as they arise.
- Bonus: basic proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or Bash.
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top