Internal Communications Lead
- New York, NY
Squarespace is looking for a motivated, strategic and creative Internal Communications Lead to help build a world-class internal communications program and inspire and inform employees with our key business and cultural narratives. In this role, you will lead numerous high-impact projects to bring the newly created strategic roadmap to life. You will work with senior leaders to understand their needs and sensitivities, and find ways to share stories about our vision, mission, values, campaigns, and products with our growing workforce of over 1,200 employees globally.
You will report to the Head of Internal Communications& Talent Brand, based in our NYC headquarters.
- Help create a new and evolving internal communications program
- Source, draft and deliver a variety of internal communications including email newsletters, intranet content, live company-wide events and more
- Lead creation of the editorial strategy and content calendar across multiple businesses, leaders, and geographies to develop content across channels, and promote company-wide roll-outs
- Review, edit and write clear and consistent employee-facing communications on behalf of various stakeholders
- Design presentation materials for global all-hands meetings and other internal events
- Work with cross-functional partners to create programs that strengthen employee engagement
- Streamline disparate newsletters and communications efforts across the company and leverage various internal channels to advise on employee communications channel strategy
- 6+ years of internal / employee communications experience required
- Must inherently have a builder mindset and be driven by creating foundations
- Familiarity with building communications ecosystems and leveraging integrations across platforms to create a great employee user experience.
- Some experience providing strategic counsel to executive and senior leadership and creating compelling executive communications required
- Proven ability to create presentations and assets
- Knowledge of how to create thoughtful and creative narratives and communication strategies to influence perception
- Demonstrated ability to generate new, fun and creative communications ideas
- Experience determining measurement and effectiveness for internal communications strategies
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top