Human Resources Business Partner - Engineering
Squarespace’s People Relations team is seeking a HR Business Partner to drive people initiatives across our Engineering organization. In this role, you will partner closely with management and employees on people-related issues such as employee relations, coaching, development, compensation, organizational development and more.
You will have the ability to zoom out and keep considerable, strategic focus on scaling for growth and retention. You’ll also work hand in hand with the broader People Team on projects and initiatives to cultivate our unique culture and people practices. This is the perfect opportunity to further our culture of innovation and shape career paths at Squarespace.
This role reports into our Managing HR Business Partner and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Partner with various members of leadership on organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development and career pathing
- Be a trusted advisor in all sensitive HR areas such as employee relations, investigations, leaves of absences and compensation
- Develop and lead People team initiatives focusing on retention, engagement, recognition and talent management
- Lead the Engineering organization's compensation cycles and be an expert on our compensation philosophy and practices
- Partner with the Training & Development team to develop manager and team trainings focused on development, culture and career progression
- Partner with the Technical Recruiting team on strategic headcount planning, identifying critical roles and succession planning
- Collaborate with the People Relations team to accelerate a culture of innovation and development while providing employees and managers the tools they need to be successful
- 7+ years of working experience as an HR professional
- BA/BS in HR or related field
- Experience developing career tracks and performance/talent management key performance indicators
- A thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law and regulations
- Demonstrated solution focused thinking, empathy and strong decision making skills
- An understanding of people dynamics, organizational strategy and talent processes
- Certifications in change management, coaching, compensation, or organizational design a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 700 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top