Finance Associate, Accounts Payable
The Squarespace Finance team is seeking a Finance Associate to join our growing team. You will have a focus on accounts payable and other related procedures to ensure a timely and efficient business operation. You will be a vital asset to a growing international finance operation whose footprint touches all aspects of the company, including marketing, creative, engineering and business operations. This role reports to the Corporate Controller in New York.
- Accounts payable - Process and code invoices and requests for payment while controlling expenses by verifying and reconciling amounts
- Ensure accounting treatment is in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Process intercompany billing
- Follow the accruals process to accurately state our financial position
- Help to streamline accounts payable related controls
- Perform data analysis
- Process credit applications; establish and maintain key vendor relationships
- Assist with reviewing and reconciling departmental purchases journals
- Various monthly, quarterly and year-end account reconciliations, including, but not limited to: credit cards, bank accounts, payment gateway, merchant deposits, purchase journals and intercompany accounts
- Assist with internal and external reporting requirements
- Additional support to the Finance team, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline
- 2-4 years of finance or accounting experience
- Previous accounts payable experience an absolute must
- Experience with Netsuite General Ledger and/or Coupa PO system a huge plus
- General understanding of basic accounting concepts
- Ability to collaborate with persons and groups at all levels in order to bring together ideas, adapt as needed, and accomplish results
- Strong communication, analytical, and time management skills
- Ability to navigate calmly through change and rapid corporate growth
- Commitment to accuracy, integrity and attention to detail
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office suite of programs, with a particular focus on Excel
- International experience a plus
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
**Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. In your cover letter, please tell us why you're interested in working at Squarespace.**
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Thomas builds the Squarespace product and its new features, enabling users to have the software and tools they need to create beautiful websites they love.
Back to top