Facilities& Workplace Services Technician (contract)
Squarespace is seeking a Facilities& Workplace Services Technician who will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day office facilities and infrastructure operations within the Squarespace occupied space at our NYC location.
This role will provide general Facilities Management support services, and will work closely alongside the Facilities& Workplace Services Engineer Lead as well as the rest of the Facilities& Workplace Services team. In this job, no two days are ever the same. You'll thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and will use your knowledge, diligence and creativity to promote an engaging and award winning office culture.
This role reports directly into the Facilities& Workplace Services Manager based in our New York headquarters.
- Perform daily walkthroughs and complete surveys on regularly scheduled intervals.
- Be the first line of support for troubleshooting and responding to employee inquiries and Facility related issues, whether it be in person, or via our internal work order system.
- Conduct basic facility maintenance tasks including but not limited to carpentry, furniture assembly/relocation, and painting.
- Assist with vendor coordination, scheduling, and oversight including but not limited to janitorial, locksmith, carpentry, HVAC, building personnel, etc.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures.
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and organization of all storage, office supplies, and attic stock programs.
- Proactively manage day-to-day facilities operations and work closely with our internal teams to ensure that all facilities related activity is performed in an organized, timely and professional manner.
- Perform event and conference room set ups and breakdowns, including placing tables and chairs.
- Perform personal workspace setups and moves on a weekly basis.
- Assist in evaluating and monitoring general maintenance needs
- 2+ years of office management/facilities experience demonstrating progressing responsibilities
- Experience forming relationships with external vendors
- Strong planning and organizational skills; adept problem-solving skills with focus on efficient, quick and consistent execution
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and/or Google Apps a must
- Experience with Atlassian's Service Desk / JIRA ticketing system is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents including but not limited to blueprints, as built drawings, renderings, submittals, user manuals, etc. is a plus.
- Adept problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with high level management, while accommodating agent and employee requests with utmost courtesy
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs and properly use a ladder, light carpentry and painting.
- Certifications - OSHA, etc., a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top