Facilities & Workplace Services Lead
Squarespace is seeking a Facilities & Workplaces Services Lead who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day office operations and various employee-facing events and initiatives that make Squarespace one of the best places to work in Dublin, Ireland.
You will work closely with our Dublin Management Team and will be responsible for all office services and activities to ensure that the office is fully operational and that the environment lends itself to motivating our exceptionally talented team. In this job, no two days are ever the same. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and will use your creativity to promote an engaging and award winning office culture.
This role reports into our Director, Facilities & Workplace Services and is based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
- Manage reception and key vendor relationships for office services, including: landlord, catering, security, maintenance, architects, office supplies, cleaners, etc.
- Manage contract negotiation where required to ensure the Dublin office is maintained to the appropriate standard
- Supervise all internal event planning (e.g., holiday parties, summer parties, milestone celebrations) and work closely with Employee Experience to execute on monthly events
- Proactively manage day-to-day facilities operations and work closely with our global Facilities & Workplace Services team, to ensure that office construction and maintenance is completed on time, within budget, and meets acceptable standards
- Provide access and support to critical facilities work, such as bathroom maintenance, elevator maintenance, construction, deliveries, and monthly utility readings
- Proactively maintain the appearance of our office internally and externally while also directing the efforts of custodial and building maintenance providers
- 4+ years of office management/ facilities experience
- Demonstrated experience leading negotiations with external vendors
- Demonstrated experience dealing with Facilities issues, both hands-on and supervisory
- Strong planning and organizational skills; adept problem-solving skills with focus on efficient, quick and consistent execution
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated project management skills with prior experience creating a fun, welcoming, and inclusive working environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive by nature keeping a pulse on the office to ensure it is maintained to high standards
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and accommodate agent and employee requests with utmost courtesy
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with high level management.
- Project management experience
- Computer literacy, specifically using Google Apps, a must; experience with Atlassian’s Service Desk is a plus
- Able to lift at least 30lbs comfortably
Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Private health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- Pension scheme with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top