Facilities & Experience Lead
Squarespace is seeking a Facilities & Experience Lead who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and various employee-facing events and initiatives that make Squarespace one of the best places to work in Portland, Oregon.
You will work closely with our Portland Management Team and will liaise with a variety of vendors, including: caterers, building management, facilities contacts, architects and more, to ensure that the Portland office is fully operational and that the environment lends itself to motivating our exceptionally talented team. In this job, no two days are ever the same. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and are passionate about using your creativity to promote an engaging and award winning office culture.
- Manage reception and key vendor relationships for office services, including: catering, security, maintenance, architects, office supplies, cleaners, etc.
- Supervise all internal event planning (e.g., holiday parties, summer parties, milestone celebrations.) and work closely with an Experience Coordinator to execute on monthly events
- Manage day-to-day facilities operations and work closely with our Director of Real Estate & Operations, to ensure that office construction and maintenance is completed on time, within budget, and meets acceptable standards
- Provide access and support to critical facilities work, such as elevator maintenance, construction, deliveries, and monthly utility readings
- Proactively maintain the appearance of our office while also directing the efforts of custodial and building maintenance providers
- Provide feedback, career development guidance, and daily management to an Experience Coordinator
- 4-6 years of office management experience
- Demonstrated experience leading negotiations with external vendors
- Demonstrated experience dealing with Facilities issues, both hands-on and supervisory
- Strong planning and organizational skills; adept problem-solving skills with focus on efficient, quick and consistent execution
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated project management skills with prior experience creating a fun, welcoming, and inclusive working environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literacy, specifically using Google Apps, a must; experience with Atlassian’s Service Desk is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and accommodate agent and employee requests with utmost courtesy
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with high level management.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds comfortably
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top