Engineering Team Manager - Site Reliability (Databases)
- New York, NY
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Databases team is expanding and looking for ways to enable better specialization among our engineers. We're especially interested in skills building high availability systems or systems where consistency is paramount.
Our team manages many of the stateful systems at Squarespace. This includes relational databases, document databases, durable queues, caches, and naming services. We work with transactional and batch/analytic workloads.
We're entrusted with making critical decisions about the most important assets at squarespace. Due to the gravity of this responsibility, our attention to detail must be exacting; our programming abstractions on spec, and our commitment to service resilience extraordinary.
- Guide a technical roadmap for a data-centric set of services
- Facilitate cross team projects
- Set priorities for work across the team
- Regular (weekly) 1-on-1 meetings with team members
- Regular feedback on career growth, progression towards goals, areas for improvement, and praise as warranted
- Work with reports to identify areas for learning and helping them grow in these areas through project work, external learning, or additional mentoring
- 3+ years of experience leading technical projects to completion, while maintaining high morale on the executing teams.
- Deep experience managing large-scale software and distributed systems in *nix environments.
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with web application development.
- The ability to clearly reason about why a data model is a good fit for a problem.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Extensive operational and architectural background in SQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with database design, caching, scalability, and network fundamentals.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, or other CNCF software is a big plus.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about .
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top