Engineering Manager - Site Reliability
The Engineering organization is looking for a passionate and experienced engineering manager with a background in systems, programming and networking to lead and grow our talented Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams who are in charge of ensuring that customers around the world are able to access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, and that all of the features are working properly.
We work together with the product teams to maintain the reliability of existing and new features that are backed by a fleet of microservices, with the infrastructure teams to scale our current data centers and build out new ones, with the data teams to tackle challenging “big data” issues, and the security teams to keep a close eye on the latest vulnerabilities and constantly protect our product, infrastructure and networks.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams are also responsible for designing the systems that allow us to operate on our data centers and evolve the massive Squarespace software engine that serves millions of users worldwide. We implement software for internal DNS management, IP address allocation, and Linux image and package repositories. We build tools for the provisioning of compute capacity on top of VMware, Kubernetes clusters or public clouds. We work together with Server Engineering teams to scale up our storage, database and search infrastructure, which ingests close to 2 TBs of data per day. Our internal products include source code management tools, clusters of build agents for frontend and server-side code, automated testing infrastructure, Docker image generation tools, and continuous deployment pipelines, all used by 150+ software engineers in the wider organization. We engineer ELK clusters that ingest 5 TB of logs daily, Graphite time-series databases that process 14 million data points every minute, distributed tracing services that record 500 spans every second, and a Sensu alerting framework that monitors thousands of servers and hundreds of software services at all times.
- Develop engineers and managers across teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Lead a team of software and systems engineers writing services and infrastructure-as-code that automates the deployment, provisioning, scaling, and monitoring of Squarespace’s infrastructure
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic architectural and organizational choices
- Thoughtfully negotiate and clarify engineering priorities across teams to make sure they align with larger business goals
- Grow the technical expertise and development practices of your teams
- Partner with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse talent
- You have a deep passion for building and coaching high-performing engineering teams
- Real world experience building and supporting large-scale web applications
- An appetite for building highly-scalable, distributed systems
- Experience delivering multiple, concurrent projects
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top