Engineering Manager - Server Engineering
We're looking for a Server Engineering Manager to lead multiple teams responsible for evolving the massive, Squarespace engine that serves millions of users worldwide.
These talented engineers build the reverse proxies and caching layers that process 1.5+ billion requests every day, integrate with CDNs, handle TLS termination, and understand HTTP/2. They develop the software that interacts with our storage, database and search infrastructure across all of our data centers, ingesting close to 2 TBs of data per day.
Internal products include an asynchronous jobs framework and a robust microservices framework, both used by 150+ software engineers across organization. They create services that can be reused by product teams, including localization, certificate management, screen-shotting, authentication, notification and billing services, and the image service that processes 2 million images per day.
- Develop engineers and managers across multiple teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Drive scaling around database, storage, search, and caching layers
- Evolve our microservice framework, and build services that can be widely adopted across the larger, engineering organization
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic, architectural and organizational choices
- Thoughtfully negotiate and clarify engineering priorities across teams and align them with larger business goals
- Grow the technical expertise and development practices of your teams
- Partner with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse talent
- A deep passion for building and coaching high-performing, engineering teams
- An affinity for object-oriented programming languages, such as Java, C++, Scala
- An appetite for building highly-scalable, distributed systems
- The ability to manage and deliver on multiple, concurrent projects
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top