Squarespace's security organization is looking for a Director of Security to lead the teams working on product security, architecture, enterprise security, detection and response, and GRC. You will play a critical role in architecting, addressing, and evangelizing Squarespace's security posture in collaboration with a team of senior engineering managers and developers.
We are a security organization that believes in teaching security, working both as individuals and as a team to achieve clear goals. We own our space and we rely on our combined knowledge to grow and become better security professionals. You will work closely with other teams within Engineering, as well as the Product, Legal, Finance, Marketing, and Customer Operations departments.
This is an opportunity for you to lead an outstanding and professional security organization, helping them develop and create the best security solutions for Squarespace, focus on creating the next stage of the security program, and represent the security organization in different committees.
You will report directly to the SVP of Engineering based in NYC.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19.
You'll Get To...
As the Director of Security, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, planning, and developing the strategy for the company's security vision.
- Leading a skilled team of security professionals to create a secure product for our customers and monitor and detect threats to the product and our internal enterprise systems.
- Supporting compliance initiatives, security risk management, and security policies and procedures as part of managing the Director of GRC.
- Delivering successful work outcomes and stakeholder management in alignment with company needs.
- Promoting collaboration, training, risk assessment and compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Working alongside a team of technical and experienced leaders in Engineering.
- Evangelizing security across the company to bring overall security awareness to everything we do.
Who We're Looking For
- Experience building and leading security teams.
- High level understanding of the security landscape, including prevalent threats, existing technologies and challenges.
- At least 10 years experience working in the security domain.
- Ability to evaluate the pros and cons of security solutions relevant to networking, operating systems, coding, databases, virtualization and containers, and modern cloud solutions.
- Experience securing web and mobile applications in a SaaS environment.
- Proficient at presenting to highly technical and senior audiences. Able to boil down complex topics into digestible risks, goals, and objectives.
- Track record of leading teams through complex and critical projects that span the entire organization.
- Ability to understand, distill, and communicate risk.
- Knowledgeable of compliance concepts and experience working cross functionally to drive implementation of controls.
- Experience developing and rolling out long term security strategy
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.