Director, Facilities & Workplace Services
Squarespace is seeking a Director of Facilities & Workplace Services to lead our real estate, facilities, and administrative operations strategies for our award-winning offices. In this role, you will implement scalable policies, vendor relationships, and practices to support our rapidly growing business. You proactively build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to align your strategy with the rest of the business and have a track record of structuring highly collaborative teams that deliver results. You have an eye for detail and efficiency, and have developed budgets and operational plans that align with overall company objectives and spend strategy. You have technical experience in your team's day-to-day, but know when to delegate vs. when you should roll up your sleeves to support them.
This role reports into our VP of People and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Oversee the global strategy and operation of Squarespace’s offices, providing core services to 1,000+ employees, including:
- Facilities management, space planning, real estate & lease management, construction & relocation management, purchasing & procurement, food service, travel coordination, postage/mail service, health & safety (including our security team), disaster recovery & business continuity planning, and event management
- Run multiple RFP processes; negotiate and manage service contracts for a wide range of vendors and contractors
- Be the primary liaison for Squarespace’s landlords, architects/designers, and major service vendors
- Lead the function’s annual strategic planning process and report back on successes and gaps during Squarespace's Quarterly Business Review sessions with executive management
- Manage the global budget and commitment process; direct all office related expenditures
- Manage and provide career development to the Facilities & Workplace Services team
- Oversee the construction of our New York office expansion; work closely with our NY Facilities & Workplace Services Lead to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget, and meets acceptable standards. Lead future US & International Expansion Projects.
- 10+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Extensive experience with expansion and space planning, construction management, and office moves, both domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated experience leading complex contract negotiations
- Strong planning and organizational skills; adept problem-solving skills with focus on efficient, quick and consistent execution
- Has experience with and understanding of compliance regulations, including: annual and monthly fire system and alarm testing, elevator inspections and permit of use, cooling tower water quality compliance, indoor air quality compliance, office safety (emergency action and business continuity planning
- Design-focused with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience to deliver projects on-time and within budget
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literacy, specifically using Google Apps, a must; experience with Atlassian’s Service Desk is a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with executive level management
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds comfortably
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 670 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top