Director, Customer Operations
At Squarespace, we strive to provide our customers with a level of support that reflects the same care and fixation on quality that goes into the product itself. Our growing Customer Operations team runs 24/7 with over 320 people between New York, NY, Dublin, IE and Portland, OR.
We are in search of a Director of Customer Operations to lead our team of 120+ in Portland, Oregon. Our ideal candidate is an expert leader with an operational mindset, who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and has a proven track-record in finding creative solutions to difficult problems. In this leadership role, you are responsible for the performance and success of our Portland Customer Operations site.
This role reports directly into our Director, Customer Operations for North America and is based on-site in our Portland, Oregon office.
- Provide strategic direction for the Portland site while ensuring operational success and high productivity for the local Customer Operations team
- Lead the current Operations Manager and work closely with our management team in New York and Dublin
- Analyze the overall performance of the Portland site to identify areas of improvement and implement strategies to drive results
- Empower and coach a team of high performing people managers, supporting them and helping to remove roadblocks as needed
- Be the voice of the Portland site at global all-hands meetings and across the organization
- Manage the end-to-end employee life cycle for your team, including recruiting, onboarding, performance management, and career development opportunities with the support of the People Team
- Collaborate with our global senior leadership team to drive service improvements and manage projects involving quantitative analysis and strategy development
- Work with your direct reports to continually refine organizational and individual performance goals based on the changing needs of the business and of the customer
- Advocate for product improvements that support the team’s strategy and the needs of the customer
- Deliver regular reporting to senior leadership on the performance of the Portland site
- Establish and maintain solid working relationships with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Strategy, Marketing, etc.)
- Stay ahead of the business growth to ensure that our Portland site is positioned for continued success
- 7-12 years of experience leading a customer support team of 100+
- Proven experience in mentoring and developing people managers
- Demonstrated expertise using quantitative analysis to drive process and quality improvements
- Experience leading projects from concept to completion, delivering results on-time and within budget
- Ability to think strategically and use creative problem-solving skills to effectively operate in an environment that is constantly changing
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels, across all sites and with cross-functional partners
- Respect for the creative process and a passion for Squarespace
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- And more
Back to top