Director, Business Development
Squarespace is looking for an experienced Business Development executive to strengthen our strategic partnerships, grow our reach, and improve our product.
This is a senior role reporting to the SVP of Strategy in New York. The Director of Business Development will lead a team of experienced BD professionals and be the face and voice of Squarespace for our partners. They’ll be expected to contribute to high level strategic priority setting and to design and execute on a vision for growth, building the processes necessary to move fast and measure results. This role requires someone who can think critically about our strategic advantage; who can proactively identify and close potential partners; and who can collaborate with teams across Squarespace to ensure success for us and our partners.
- Drive growth through partnerships
- Build new distribution partnerships that expand Squarespace’s customer acquisition reach
- Partner with product leadership to determine integration partnerships roadmap
- Partner with Corporate Development to assess acquisition opportunities
- Manage and strengthen relationships with Squarespace’s most strategic partners
- Design processes that enable the team to scale
- Standardize most common deal types so we can move quickly
- Implement metrics to track deal flow and KPIs
- Collaborate with teams across Squarespace to ensure success
- 12+ years of business development experience
- Experience executing strategic partnerships with major global partners
- Experience collaborating with other functions (Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Legal, and executive leadership)
- Proven results driving business growth
- Demonstrated ability to scale a team
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with SaaS and/or consumer tech strongly preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top