Director, Brand and Content Marketing
The Marketing Team at Squarespace is in the midst of an exciting period of growth. We are looking for a sharp, hard-working and creative marketer to lead Content Marketing from strategy through execution. In this role, you’ll partner closely with cross functional teams to build an in-depth understanding of our existing market positioning, then use these findings to develop a forward thinking content strategy to grow and engage our audience.
Under your leadership, your team will help raise awareness of Squarespace that will lead to increased site traffic and new customers. Our product serves a wide variety of users, ranging from small business owners, to artists, to students. As such, you’ll contribute strategic direction to a range of Creative briefs and directly oversee the creation of blog, social, email and partnerships content that is universally original, authentic, informative, and of course, SEO friendly. This role reports into the Chief Marketing Officer in New York.
- Craft and implement effective content marketing strategies to drive and engage qualified traffic to Squarespace including:
- Partner with Research to define customer and audience personas and map how and where to reach each segment in their Squarespace journey
- Craft creative briefs and partner with the Creative team to provide a consultative voice from project kickoff through delivery
- Content Strategy — Leverage holistic understanding of Squarespace’s market positioning and potential to define the entire editorial roadmap, working cross functionally across all marketing channels to ensure flawless execution of various channel-specific marketing campaigns
- Content Development — Oversee the development of content for Squarespace blog(s), social accounts, knowledge base, paid media partnerships, email, squarespace.com, and as needed for other marketing channels
- Content Distribution — Identify third party sites, skill learning platforms, communities, etc. to engage our target market via contextually relevant content integrations
- Define and achieve KPIs including:
- Natural search rankings of Squarespace via SEO content
- Conversion of site visitors through content engagement
- Customer acquisition via content distribution
- Brand engagement across marketing channels (email, social, media, etc.)
- 10+ years experience in consumer technology or a closely related industry
- Experience across the entire content marketing process, from needs assessment through measurement
- Excellent writing and editing skills that can be applied to white papers or case studies, e-books, guides, webinars, infographics, short form blog entries, “How To” videos, etc.
- Experience across social networks, blogs, and content sharing communities
- Ability to process and make decisions based on data and set quantitative goals
- Experience inspiring, motivating and leading a high performing team
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top