Squarespace seeks a Design Technologist to help us push boundaries of what a web experience can be. The ideal candidate excels in transforming a concept into a fully-functioning prototype. You’re constantly learning and mastering new tools as a means to realize your creative vision. You have knowledge in wide array of technologies, techniques, and applications, with an expertise in one or two specialties. While you spend most of your time writing code, your passion for design drives you to create polished final products from a rough initial direction. You’re ready to join a team that's charting the course for innovation at Squarespace.
The Web Concepts team produces conceptual, experimental work. Working closely with the designers and engineers building our award-winning websites, we build the nearly impossible, with the hope of uncovering the inevitable. We take our ideas from hypothesis to prototype using experimentation, and incorporate successful projects into Squarespace’s own websites (e.g. Squarespace.com), our product, and partnership sites (e.g. PlayingLynch.com, DreamingWithJeff.com).
- Identify and define prospective web experience projects.
- Build fully-functioning prototypes of those experiences.
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers to incorporate them into production.
- You have personally developed a variety of stunning web and/or interactive experiences from concept to launch
- You are an expert in high performance graphics, especially in-browser (e.g. WebGL, SVG Animations, CSS Animations, etc)
- Are equally comfortable working autonomously and in collaborative cross-discipline teams.
- Have an eye for detailed design and can execute against a variety of aesthetics and styles.
- Familiarity with design tools a plus (After Effects, Cinema 4D, Sketch, etc.)
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top