Data Scientist, Customer Operations
Customer Operations Data Scientists formulate the analytical frameworks and provide the technical rigor to measure the efficacy of, and predict demand for, Squarespace’s award-winning Customer Operations team. In close partnership with management, you’ll identify the fundamental questions we need to ask and have ownership over the data-driven means of addressing them.
Depending on your area of focus, challenges you may tackle in a typical day include:
- Forecasting demand for customer service
- Surfacing insights about how and why customers request support and partnering with stakeholders on initiatives related to ticket deflection
- Identify and analyze performance and efficiency opportunities with Customer Operations leadership
- Building dashboards to allow management to understand operational efficiency and performance in real time
- Testing and measuring the effectiveness of new support offerings
- Optimize ticket queueing
- Understanding gaps in our Knowledge Base and suggesting improvements as our product evolves
- Segmenting customers to predict the most effective communication or remediation method
- Bridging customer interactions with business outcomes and product usage
We are seeking multiple Data Scientists who demonstrate sharp intellectual curiosity, data fluency, and a collaborative work ethic. These roles report to an Analytics team lead in New York.
- Collaborate with business partners and manage stakeholders
- Empower data-driven decision-making across the org by defining analytical frameworks to guide key business decisions; develop and maintain dashboards to provide visibility into relevant metrics
- Surface insights from terabytes of proprietary user, product, and marketing data; communicate compelling recommendations to key stakeholders
- Formulate innovative hypotheses; design and implement rigorous methodologies for testing them
- Utilize cutting-edge statistical/machine learning techniques to build models furthering the org’s understanding of and ability to predict consumer behavior
- Continuously get better - seek out opportunities to further develop your analytical, engineering, statistical, etc. toolkit
- An MS in a relevant technical field or 3+ years of relevant analytical experience
- Experience with human resources and performance forecasting a plus
- Strong competency with SQL; additional competency with Python preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Comfort working on open-ended problems with limited guidance
- Strong data intuition and ability to apply statistical concepts to quick moving initiatives
- Ability to devise data-driven solutions to business problems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top