Software Engineer - Data
As a member of the data engineering team, you’ll build software that helps us derive meaningful and actionable insights into our customers, their websites, and our business.
- Building and improving data-intensive web services
- Developing complex, multi-step data pipelines that unify various data sources into one cohesive platform for data access
- Data modeling in PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, and other systems
- Review and improve your code and your colleagues’ code with Stash
- Unit, integration, and data integrity test development
- Experience building RESTful APIs & multi-tiered web applications in Python or Java
- Experience with data ETL techniques and task processing tools such as Celery
- Experience with distributed computation tools such as Apache Spark, Hadoop
- Understanding of SQL and data warehousing concepts
- Understanding of leading NoSQL solutions such as Cassandra and MongoDB
- Comfort and skill in using Git to collaborate with other developers
- Practical real world experience with diverse datasets and data access patterns
- Python, IPython, Pandas, Celery, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Ansible, Flask, Cassandra, Spark, Git, Stash
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top