Software Engineer - Data
Do you enjoy making data accessible? Do you like working directly with Data Scientists? Are you the type that wants to know how the company works in depth? Do you take pride in building flexible data models that can answer questions quickly?
As a Software Engineer in our Data Engineering team you’ll be building and maintaining the systems that our analysts use to make sense of the data. You’ll be sitting with a cross functional group (Software Engineers, Analysts, and Data Scientists) that helps the company make data driven decisions. Most of our work is built using Python, populating a relational dimensional data mart.
- Build and maintain data processing services
- Write, test and review primarily ETL code
- Work with analytics and the business to gather requirements and improvements
- Influence our technical decisions
- Keep yourself informed and up-to-date with technologies
- Encourage the technical growth of your teammates
- You have built reliable and maintainable services
- You love working directly with the people whose problems you're solving
- You are motivated and driven. You can take responsibility for a project and ask for help when needed
- You enjoy dynamic programming languages
- You have a deep understanding of your products and tools
- You understand a variety of techniques for working with data
- You have the people skills to work with analysts, business partners, and engineers
- You enjoy learning new things
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Thomas builds the Squarespace product and its new features, enabling users to have the software and tools they need to create beautiful websites they love.
Back to top