Customer Operations Team Lead
Being a leader on our Squarespace Customer Operations team means coaching and mentoring a team of advisors to ensure that they have the tools they need to help our customers achieve success with our product. Winning golden awards for customer service is just built into our DNA; we answer help requests in our sleep, then make a pancake breakfast in the morning.
We're all Squarespace gurus and we're looking for a smart, creative, and quirky individual to join our team in Portland! Playing well with others, sending out good interweb vibes, and providing quality help is what we ask for.
This role reports into our Customer Operations Manager.
- Lead and coach a subset of the Customer Care team to help customers (and potential customers) get a great experience from Squarespace
- Responsible for the daily activities of the team, including e-mail, live chat and other supporting functions (quality, training, escalations, etc..)
- Accountable for the long-term career development of team members
- Develop a highly rewarding, high performing team culture
- Stay current on Squarespace product developments to be able to coach your team on how to correctly answer inquiries
- 40 hour employment requires a flexible schedule
- Influence the broader strategy for the department which will involve cross-functional collaboration
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Positive attitude and a winning personality
- 2-3 years of leading and motivating direct reports to meet metrics and goals
- Passion for mentorship and development
- Exceptional written communication skills with perfect grammar and spelling; fast typist
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to find solutions for operational and people management problems
- Customer-facing experience required (retail, hospitality, online support, etc.)
- Ability to work well in an open, collaborative team environment
- Familiarity with the Squarespace platform and a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proven capability of responding readily and flexibly to changes
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- And more
Back to top