Creative Project Manager
Squarespace is seeking a motivated, design-centric and exceptionally organized Project Manager to be the hub for Squarespace’s Creative team. You will oversee all projects that come into the team and work closely with several teams across the company. We expect you to be a creative problem solver with strong communication skills who can clarify and prioritize resources across projects. This role reports into the Creative Production Director and is based in New York.
- Implement and optimize project management processes that will work across all creatives and designers, so all parties can see timelines, resourcing and status at any time.
- Own standups and documentation that keeps all projects on-time and on-quality.
- Work closely with Creative leads to create meetings, processes and documentation to give a birds-eye view of all current and incoming projects.
- Help organize assets from kickoff through to final delivery, and sometimes implementation or installation.
- Document and distribute creative approvals and decisions from meetings and ensure follow-through.
- Maintain a deep understanding of every designers’ strengths and bandwidth, and work with teams to delegate project work accordingly.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our product and be an ambassador for project management at the company.
- Proactively identify potential issues and develop solutions with the Creative Production Director.
- 5+ years as a Project Manager at a brand, tech, or digital agency.
- Experience managing designers, design teams and creatives.
- Experience working on traditional, experiential and non-traditional advertising.
- Impressive communication skills and a reverence for details.
- Understanding of how to create print, video, digital and design production schedules from concepting to delivery.
- Ability to earn the trust and respect of stakeholders and creatives in a complex, unstructured environment with moving timelines.
- Ability to work with detailed-oriented individuals and projects and still stay focused on core objectives and schedule.
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top