Creative Developer - Websites
Squarespace seeks a Creative Developer for websites who shares our passion for building the future of the web. The ideal candidate is driven to keep up with the latest techniques in web design and development, and has an eye for differentiating between design fads and worthwhile trends. You are equally comfortable working autonomously or collaborating with a team. When you look at an innovative website, you immediately open the inspector. You are a rare blend of creative and technical. No detail escapes you. You are ready to join a team building impactful, award-winning websites for a world renowned publishing platform.
Our team spawns new projects from both hypotheses and creative initiatives. We use data-driven strategy, iteration, and play to craft an experience worthy of the customers we attract. Our own Developer Platform powers the elegant, performant sites that serve as the entry point for millions of our potential customers. Examples include www.squarespace.com, realtalk.squarespace.com, and dreamingwithjeff.com. Our cadence is fast, and our ideas are bold. This agile team has the freedom and drive to perpetually prototype and integrate new technologies, such as React, WebGL, and Machine Learning. You’ll work side by side with world-class designers and engineers to deliver the best work of your career.
- Contribute to our core websites team and be involved in other creative projects
- Optimize site design and performance across a variety of modern devices
- Work closely with our Product, Design and Data Teams, as well as other designers and developers
- You've designed/built several outstanding websites from concept to launch
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, HTML5 and CSS3
- Keep up to date with the newest web technologies and libraries (React, etc.)
- An eye for interaction design and finishing touches
- Strong working knowledge of responsive web design and cross-platform compatible coding techniques and troubleshooting
- Experience using Git or other distributed version control systems a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top