Corporate Development Lead
The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Corporate Development Lead, to join our growing team. You will partner with Strategy, Product Management and Senior Leadership to build and execute an inorganic growth strategy for Squarespace’s fast-paced, high growth business.
The Corporate Development Lead should be a proactive member of the finance team with a strong background and track record of connecting strategic goals to execute an inorganic growth strategy. The person should be comfortable driving outcomes and managing processes with cross functional teams. The role requires building a repeatable process to proactively target, evaluate and integrate acquisitions to drive growth and ensure we deliver best in class results through effective integration. This role reports into the Chief Financial Officer in New York.
- Provide functional and industry expertise to review corporate development opportunities and to execute the inorganic growth strategy
- Collaborate with Product management, Strategy and Senior Management to build a prioritized acquisition target list
- Field inbound acquisition opportunities
- Monitor industry activities and develop recommendations for potential M&A opportunities to Senior Leadership
- Define and roll out structure around strategic acquisitions, from inception through due diligence, valuation, negotiation, closing and integration, and coordinate internal approval and communication processes for completion of a transaction
- Collaborate with Finance to build a standard Corporate Acquisition Model
- Partner with business owners and coordinate cross-functional teams necessary for successful business case creation, due diligence review and post acquisition integration
- Understand and monitor acquisition performance to create a cycle of continuous learning, and coordinate with due diligence and integration teams to ensure successful acquisitions
- Lead work streams and virtual teams
- 8+ years experience in corporate finance and M&A
- Exceptional analytical, creative problem solving, and modeling skills with the ability to synthesize and analyze data to create useful information and concise analysis
- Experienced in building new or improving M&A processes
- Experience with post merger integration
- Experience with engaging partnership and product management teams
- Worked with SaaS business models required, consumer internet experience is a plus
- Proven ability to work well in cross functional teams and develop strong rapport with senior and executive management
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top