Public Relations Specialist
Squarespace’s small but mighty Communications Team works with stakeholders across the entire organization to tell the company’s story in a consistent, coherent, and authentic way. We’re looking for a highly motivated communications professional with consumer tech experience to help make Squarespace a household name. This position will report directly to the Communications Manager and is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Elevate Squarespace's brand awareness through impactful coverage that highlights Squarespace's unique culture, leadership, and philosophy
- Pitch and secure national and local print, broadcast and online coverage
- Work with stakeholders across the company to identify compelling story opportunities
- Protect and enhance the perception of the company brand as well as its products
- Nurture strong relationships with key tech and business reporters
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Manage and update Squarespace’s corporate site
- Prepare briefing materials and train executives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or other relevant field
- At least 3 years experience working in-house or agency-side; some consumer tech experience required
- Deep knowledge of the media landscape, strong relationships with tech and business press, and a proven track record of garnering national, top-tier press
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and think on your feet in a fast-paced setting
- Proactive, go-getter attitude
- A great sense of humor
- Enthusiasm for (and/or experience with) Squarespace a plus!
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top