Launched in 2003, Squarespace has grown from a single-person operation to over 650 people, with offices in New York, Portland, and Dublin. It’s our mission to make Squarespace the company where people can do their life’s best work. We’re looking for a Compensation Manager to help ensure we always meet that goal.
The Compensation Manager will be responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing support of our compensation program globally. This role serves as a strategic partner to senior leadership, ensuring that all total rewards and recognition programs are aligned with our business objectives and company culture. Combining your strategic vision, deep expertise and analytical rigor, you will drive the innovative compensation strategies that attract, reward and retain exceptional talent as we continue to grow and scale.
This position reports to the VP of People and is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Design and implement a company-wide total rewards strategy, including broad-based and executive base salary, variable compensation and equity pay structures, aligned with Squarespace’s compensation philosophy
- Develop compensation policies and procedures to drive Squarespace’s talent acquisition and talent management strategies and align with our company culture
- Conduct regular gap-to-market assessments of compensation positioning relative to the competitive market. Stay up-to-date on industry/regional trends and advise the senior leadership team to ensure our compensation strategy stays competitive in an ever-changing talent market
- Lead ongoing administration of compensation programs, including merit, market and promotional adjustments as part of our our annual compensation review process, by ensuring adherence to budgetary guidelines and pay-for-performance compensation philosophy
- Provide compensation consultation to managers and the People Relations team on all compensation issues (i.e. promotions, internal mobility, market competitiveness, job matching/benchmarking studies, and industry trends/best practices)
- Partner with the People Technology team to implement and administer a compensation planning tool
- Partner with the Recruiting team to develop competitive new hire offer packages and compelling offer models for candidates to better understand their potential total rewards at Squarespace
- Coordinate with finance to implement a process and rhythm for regular equity dilution analysis and scenario modeling
- Create materials for the Compensation Committee, including CD&A drafting and proxy table preparation; Proxy Top 5 analysis
- 5+ years of progressive experience
- Deep knowledge of total rewards programs, including broad-based, equity and executive compensation program design, implementation, and administration
- Compensation experience in a public company or consulting practice strongly preferred
- Expertise in designing and rolling out compensation structures at a fast-growing company, ideally in the technology sector
- Excellent judgement and ability to exercise a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential, business-critical information
- Proven ability to influence audiences of varying sizes at increasing levels (from individual contributors to executives)
- Sharp eye for detail; meticulous in creating records and documentation
- Broad experience with HRIS and compensation tools; track record of using technology to improve processes
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations, both U.S. and international
- Hands on self-started with a passion to build new programs
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace values diversity and seeks employees with great ideas, regardless of their race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
Engineering Team Lead
Charlton leads the Engineering Team behind Squarespace's own websites, like the award-winning Squarespace.com. He and his team work closely with designers to create the best possible experience for customers as they discover and try the product.
Back to top