Brand Marketing Intern - Fall 2017
Squarespace is looking for a creative, driven and organized intern with a keen eye for details to join our Brand Marketing team this fall. This is a hands-on internship that will expose you to many different parts of the marketing department and the company but will focus primarily on our Organic Social team. You will support the team by writing social copy, posting on our social channels, and by identifying our best customers to post on social. Additionally, you may be assisting with our event activations and facilitating campaign planning logistics. Candidates should have an interest in social media, cultural trends and creative marketing.
This internship is intended for current undergraduate students who are available to work at least 20 hours per week for 10+ weeks in New York during Fall 2017. There may be an opportunity to continue working with the team during the winter.
- Help manage Squarespace’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
- Support partnerships between Squarespace and influencers
- Identify Squarespace customer websites for potential social or partnership opportunities
- Research competitors, trends and innovative social media initiatives within the tech industry
- Find opportunities for Squarespace to naturally participate in culturally-relevant milestones and events
- Assist in conceptualizing and producing social media content
- Execute small-scale production requests tied to event needs
- Research current marketing trends in tech and related industries
- Aid in the organization of our private customer database
- Create and update internal marketing presentations
- Organize and disseminate marketing materials
- Brainstorm with the Marketing team on creative marketing initiatives
- At least one past internship in marketing, social media, or copywriting
- Regular use of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other popular social media platforms
- Ability to write copy that is succinct, smart and specific to social media
- Superior communication skills
- Exceptional organization and multitasking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent with G Suite products (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- A baseline knowledge of previous Squarespace campaigns and partnerships
- Able to work 20+ hours per week in New York City for the fall
- An eye for great talent, great writing and design
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Meet Some of Squarespace's Employees
As a brand manager, Farah focuses on marketing initiatives by working closely with the Design and Media Teams in order to produce top-quality advertising campaigns.
Back to top