- New York, NY
Squarespace is seeking an experienced accountant to manage our accounting operations. This is a critical role that will assist in scaling our processes in a growing environment. You will be responsible for identifying areas of improvement but also taking the initiative to establish and implement those changes.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports into our Corporate Controller.
- Manage, develop, and oversee a team of accounting professionals
- Execute day-to-day accounting activities of the company including monthly close, accounts receivable, expenses, allocations and more
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate the close and reporting timelines; automate manual procedures and computations.
- Own the audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit and coordination with the external audit team.
- Develop key accounting processes to support a rapidly growing company in order to support the delivery of financial insights to drive informed executive decisions
- Assist in the formation of internal controls and policies
- Prepare consolidated monthly financials
- Develop a detailed understanding of business processes and connect them with financial results
- 10+ years of working experience within a large public accounting firm and industry experience (CPA required). Experience at a public company and/or with a saas based company a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accounting theory
- Experience with general ledger accounting, financial reporting, SOX compliance and consolidations.
- Experience managing a small team, including providing coaching and development feedback
- Demonstrated experience with large cloud ERP systems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,100 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation& paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Back to top