Director, Legal (Americas)
- Flexible / Remote
As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 2000+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier. Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
DIRECTOR, LEGAL (AMERICAS)
What You'll Do
Sprinklr’s Legal Department is looking for a Director, Legal (Americas), based in the United States, to support our operations in the Americas region. This role will report directly to the Deputy General Counsel, Transactions. You will work closely with Sprinklr’s global Legal Team, as well as the Company’s commercial and product teams.
- You will manage the Commercial Legal function for Sprinklr in the Americas region and serve as the first point of escalation for the Americas Commercial Team
- You will manage, draft and negotiate all forms of company contracts, including but not limited to NDA’s, SaaS Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Partner Agreements and Vendor Agreements
- You will develop and implement standard templates, forms and processes with the Americas Commercial Legal Team, and the overall Sprinklr Legal Team and other teams
- You will provide training to the sales and services teams, as well as the Legal Team on processes, compliance and new legislation
- You will advise legal leadership, sales executives and management regarding contractual obligations and interpret terms and conditions
- For M&A activity, you will perform due diligence and integration of acquisition targets in coordination with other departments
- You will serve as a partner and advisor to the Company’s product teams, providing legal and compliance guidance to speed new product offerings safely to market, and ensuring that such offerings are papered appropriately
- You will supervise one or more attorneys and/or legal professionals, providing career guidance and mentorship, feedback, and supervision
- You will advise different teams all across the company on mitigating legal risks
- You will handle other work within the scope of the Legal team responsibilities on as-needed basis within the evolving Legal function at Sprinklr
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified
- You have at least seven (7) years’ experience as a corporate attorney providing legal advice and negotiating agreements in a software/technology/start-up environment, preferably with an international company
- You have at least three (3) years experience managing one or more attorneys or legal professionals
- You have a current and active license to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction(s)
- You are able to demonstrate success working with sales teams in customer negotiations as well as internal teams across the company
- You have an in-depth understanding of contract law and software contract requirements and strong skills in negotiating SaaS agreements
- You have knowledge of and experience working with complex data privacy laws
- You have a strong working understanding of SaaS based information technology, and the ability to effectively communicate with, and provide legal guidance to, highly technical colleagues
- You have excellent organizational skills and are a strong written and verbal communicator, with great attention to detail, common sense and a sense of humor
- You are able to build strong working relationships with colleagues and peers in a range of lines of business
- You have the ability to learn quickly and positively contribute to the team upon your start
- You are able to work independently in a constantly changing and sometimes ambiguous and complex environment
- You must be able to prioritize responsibilities to manage a large workload under significant time pressure, without sacrificing rigor or quality
- You are intrigued and excited by the opportunity to work at a company where the ultimate goal, always, is to make those you interact with happier
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. We offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier. Our vision is to be the world’s most loved enterprise software company, ever.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
For the fifth consecutive year, Sprinklr has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100, the definitive ranking of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world. We were also named a 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Social Marketing Management. And in 2019, Sprinklr was the only leader in the Forrester Research, Inc. report, The Forrester Wave™: Social Suites.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with Audible for Business, LinkedIn Learning, and more.
EEO - Our philosophy: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate diversity and fervently believe every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top