VP of Program Operations
- Be accountable for delivering a stellar experience and successful career outcomes for Springboard students (measured via KPIs you’ll help define and own), through ownership over the mentoring, support, and career advice they need to succeed
- Oversee and coordinate the work of three teams within “Program Ops,” namely Student Advising, Mentor Operations, and Career Services. Eventually, build out Alumni Services as a fourth pillar of the Program Ops team.
- Be the glue to ensure that the collective efforts of these teams are in sync, and are prioritized to best serve our student/mentor communities; facilitate information flow to identify opportunities, increase efficiency, minimize risk, and maximize impact.
- Design, implement, and optimize systems, org structure, processes and tools (with Product and Engineering as needed) to help streamline and scale our Program Operations, while safeguarding the humanness that is core to our programs.
- Lead, mentor and grow a high-performing team (one of the largest in the company) by recognizing, capitalizing on, and nurturing their individual strengths.
- Collaborate with Course GMs to influence the design of Springboard’s course offerings and ensure that we’re set up to deliver the right human touch points needed by students in each course; cross-pollinate ideas and insights between courses.
- Continually solicit, review, and implement feedback from our community of students, mentors and alumni to improve Springboard’s offering.
- Influence the design of Springboard’s learning platform and pedagogical methods by working closely with teams responsible for each.
- Ensure that we build hiring relationships with the best employers in the US and beyond
- Have 5+ years of experience, with a track record of taking on increasing responsibility and leadership experience.
- Bring an operations mindset: you enjoy (1) taking a systems thinking approach to define and improve processes (2) rolling up your sleeves in service of a cause, even if the work is not always glamorous.
- Boast a track record of producing measurable results, while balancing multiple priorities and constituencies, ideally in settings with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Are a strong communicator and empathetic leader who can collaborate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Are a strategic thinker, a connector of dots and people, a natural problem-solver, and an analytical, data-driven decision-maker.
- Set ambitious goals and effectively execute on them.
- Have previously managed high-performing teams; bonus points if these were distributed or multi-functional.
- Are passionate about education and our mission.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with the talent industry, especially in tech / the digital economy
- Past experience in education design and delivery, customer experience, or career advising
- Business development acumen; ability to forge strong industry partnerships
Meet Some of Springboard's Employees
Student Operations Team Lead
Cat deeply impacts the lives of thousands of Springboard students by providing support, motivation, and accountability. After just a year at the company, she was promoted to lead the Student Operations Team.
Back to top