Student Success Associate (Remote)
- Flexible / Remote
Springboard is redefining professional education for the 21st century through courses in cutting-edge fields like data science and design. Our self-paced, online offerings give anyone, anywhere access to world-class learning resources. What’s more, we offer high-touch, human support throughout the student lifecycle: industry-expert mentors, career coaches, as well as dedicated student success managers. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives.
This position will support our team in San Francisco - while the opportunity is remote, you'll be required to be available during standard working hours, Monday - Friday, PST and must be based in the state of California, Indiana, Maine, New Hampshire, or Arizona to receive an offer as a full-time employee.
We’re seeking an empathetic, problem-solving, “people person” to serve as a Student Success Associate. You’ll be responsible for making sure students have an excellent onboarding, are engaged with and understand our learning experience, and stay motivated all the way through to graduation. In everything you do, you’ll directly fulfill our educational mission, and serve as a vital advocate for students, acting as their voice and championing product and process improvements to better serve them within our org.
- Maintain a high level of student engagement and own success metrics like Activation, Retention, and Satisfaction.
- Guide students through each stage of their Springboard experience, with a key focus on encouraging good habits that will help students graduate successfully
- Quickly address student questions, concerns, feedback, and more via email/phone/video calls
- Develop strong working knowledge of Springboard’s student experience and best practices, acting as a trusted advisor for your students
Your typical day may include:
- Helping students define and develop realistic and meaningful educational/career plans
- Matching new students with mentors, based on your understanding of their needs
- Collaborating with our Mentor Team to ensure mentors are aware of students’ progress or concerns
- Proactively encouraging students who need help staying motivated
- Acting as the voice of students internally (to product, marketing, course development etc.) by collecting and sharing student feedback, ideas and stories.
This job might be for you if you:
- Have 2-3 years of experience in customer-facing roles (i.e. Customer Success, Account Management) or in academic counseling
- Are analytical and comfortable digging through information (feedback, interviews, data) to solve problems and make decisions
- Are passionate about making our students personally and professionally successful and enjoy coaching others on motivation, goal setting etc.
- Are resourceful and like to figure stuff out on your own.
- Are an excellent communicator (both verbal and written); you articulate clearly and with empathy.
- Love learning — especially about new industries/technologies — and want to work on a team that will invest in your personal/professional development
Back to top