Operations Manager, Mentor Team
Springboard is redefining professional education for the 21st century through online courses with ongoing 1:1 mentorship for each student to bring guidance, community, and accountability. Our self-paced, online offerings give anyone, anywhere access to world-class learning resources, and through this hybrid model, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives.
The greatest strength of Springboard’s model of education is the mentorship from our unmatched community of industry experts, which includes designers, analysts, marketers, and security experts at premier consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies and top-notch startups (e.g. AirBnb, Uber, McKinsey, Apple, Capital One). As an Operations Manager on the Mentor Team you will own your own vertical and be responsible for improving KPIs, processes, and the mentor experience. You’ll work with mentors from end-to-end from recruiting, onboarding, and relationship management until offboarding. Through this role, you’ll be the advocate for mentors and have the unique opportunity to significantly shape the development of policy, operations, and our platform.
- Own the software engineering mentor vertical within a subject matter expertise (e.g UX design, Data Science) from end-to-end, including recruitment, relationship management, and customer support
- Establish and maintain metrics for your mentor community, including recruitment, engagement, performance, and satisfaction
- Run operational experiments within your mentor vertical and measure the health and ROI of these trials
- Source, recruit, and onboard high-quality mentors, scaling rapidly to meet needs without sacrificing candidate quality
- Coach mentors on handling difficult mentor-mentee relationships and help them best support their students
- Collaborate with student operations, project management, and course development teams as needed on projects related to your subject vertical
This job may be for you if you:
- Have 2+ experience in consulting, business development, or other strategic roles, recruiting, account management, customer service, people operations, and/or business development.
- Have entrepreneurial experience and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done successfully.
- Aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and execute on day-to-day tasks and projects.
- Are a strong speaker and comfortable with working with experienced industry professionals.
- Use data to inform decisions on how to maintain the health of the mentor community.
- Are familiar with excel or are willing to learn the technical skills needed to succeed in this role.
- Love collaborating with talented people to develop effective solutions together, but also enjoy having the autonomy to work on tasks and projects on your own
- Like working in a fun, curious and intellectually-stimulating environment where we challenge each other and laugh a lot
Bonus Points if:
- You have started your own venture (or tried to get something off the ground!)
- You have previous coaching and conflict resolution experience in a professional environment
- You have a high-level understanding of software engineering and are hungry to learn more
The Springboard team of 150 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top