Mentor Waitlist - Data Science Course (Part-Time/Online)
- Flexible / Remote
Please note: we are currently at capacity for Data Science Mentors. However, we'd still love to connect with you! By applying to this role, you will be added to our Data Science Course Mentor waitlist. We will contact you as soon as we re-open our hiring process.
Springboard runs online, self-paced, Python- and R-based Data Science workshops in which participants learn with the help of a curated curriculum and 1-1 guidance from an expert mentor.
Our mentor community - the biggest strength of our programs - comprises experts from the best organizations in the world. Our mentors range from data scientists and researchers at premier companies (Uber, Pandora, LinkedIn, Apple) to a wide variety of top-notch startups and consulting firms.
If you are as passionate about mentoring as you are about Data Science, and can give a few hours per week in return for an honorarium, we would love to hear from you.
- Completely online
- Most are designed to be complete in 3-6 months or less, depending on the course
- Participants in this course are working professionals and college students from all over the world, interested in getting started with data science.
- Participants learn about Data Science with the help of a curated online curriculum and a personal mentor. They go through the curriculum at their own pace and have a weekly 30-minute checkin with their mentor to discuss questions, projects, and career advice!
- Students communicate with mentors outside of calls on an as-needed basis to support learning and career objectives
- Are as passionate about teaching Data Science as you are about Data Science itself
- Are that rare combination of programming, statistics and storytelling skills
- Are proficient in the curriculum topics of at least one of our programs: Data Science Career Prep and/or Data Science Career Track (taught in Python)
- Are available for weekly, 30-minute video check-ins for each student to help them set and achieve learning goals, provide feedback, and help them move towards getting a job
- Are available outside of weekly calls for each student to review projects and answer questions as needed
- Have at least 2 years of experience solving real-life data science problems, and are comfortable working with large data sets
- Are empathetic and have excellent communication skills
- Membership in a rich community of expert mentors from great companies like Apple, Uber, and Pandora
- Change the lives of students in our program
- Help us revolutionize online education!
- Receive a monthly per-student honorarium
- Work at your convenience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
Back to top