The greatest strength of Springboard's model of education is the mentorship from our unmatched community of industry experts, which includes designers, analysts, and data scientists at premier consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies, and top-notch startups (e.g. AirBnb, Uber, McKinsey, Apple, Capital One) . As a Mentor Recruiter, your job will be to recruit exceptional mentors for our programs and help us to scale to thousands of mentors around the world.
Your primary responsibility will be owning our new mentor hiring efforts to help us hit aggressive growth goals. You don't need to have a technical background, but you should be familiar with new technologies and able to learn quickly enough to assess prospective mentors in the fields we teach. And our bar for mentors is high (only 1 in 12 are accepted), so you'll need to source a strong pipeline of applicants so we can scale quickly without sacrificing quality.
As our first full-time mentor recruiter, you'll also have the opportunity to significantly shape the development of mentor acquisition strategy and hiring process.
Your typical day may include
- Pitching Springboard and getting people excited about the impact mentors have on the lives of students
- Sourcing high-quality mentor candidates on LinkedIn and convincing them to apply
- Learning about a new field (like data science) so you can confidently assess candidates
- Identifying and testing new ways to attract mentors (marketing, partnerships etc.)
This job might be for you if
- You are excited about the opportunity to collaborate with talented people and solve problems together!
- You want to work on a team that will invest in your personal/professional development
- You love learning and can quickly become fluent in technical subjects
- You are a good judge of character
- You are good at selling
- You are super meticulous and detail-oriented.
- You are resourceful and like to figure stuff out
Bonus points for
- 1+ years experience in Recruiting or Business Development roles
- Experience in a technical field (computer science, statistics)
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Awesome Location: We're in the heart of the city in San Francisco
- Fun : We love to go out to the best microbreweries, movies, and music gigs in town
- Free Food: Lunch twice a week, trips to the farmer's market, free coffee and beer!
- Learning: A sweet stipend for learning (anything, from Japanese to photography!)
- Healthcare: Fully covered medical, dental and vision plans
- Wellness: Flexible work hours and vacation policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Springboard's Employees
Student Success Manager
Catherina is the Student Advising Team Lead, which means she supports not only Springboard students but also her co-workers, providing support, motivation, and accountability.
Back to top